Question of extending Dinner times when train 97 is late

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDRailfan

If I am correct, last boarding time for Dinner in the Dining Car is 830pm. In Washington, if a train 97 did not wind up departing until after 830pm for example , would they extend the dinner times beyond 830pm especially if it's not the passengers fault of the lateness?

If I am correct, last boarding time for Dinner in the Dining Car is 830pm. In Washington, if a train 97 did not wind up departing until after 830pm for example , would they extend the dinner times beyond 830pm especially if it's not the passengers fault of the lateness?
I'm no expert but my impression is that it's the boarding time and not the departure time that counts.

It is the boarding time that determines it.

In the case of Washington, if you are boarding there and are in a sleeper, what they usually do if the train is that late is provide those in the Club Acela (CA) for that train meal money to purchase food at Union Station. If you are not waiting in the CA (example:you wait at the departure gate), you will not receive it! That is another reason to wait in the CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner may be extended or club Acela lounge attendant may provide cash compensation to sleeper passengers if 97 very late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back