Question regarding NY Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
I will be travelling again on Amtrak and going thru Penn Station. My one question is...Are there any AC outlets in Penn Station that Amtrak passengers may use to power their laptops during their time at the station?

There are 110 outlets in the Acela Lounge and I believe there are

outlets in the Amtrak / NJ Transit waiting area as well.

There are two Starbuck's outlets on the LIRR level of the station

where WiFi is available.

There are a few power outlets in the main waiting areas, but they are scattered around the room. The Acela lounge has better coverage for power outlets, but neither of the waiting areas was really designed to provide convenient power outlets for customers to use. There is free WiFi in the main waiting area and the Acela lounge. To use the Acela lounge, you have to have an Acela first class ticket, sleeper class ticket, or be a Select Plus member.

There should be power outlets at the coach seats on the train. The Acelas all have power outlets, all of the Regionals I have taken have power outlets in the Amfleet I cars, not sure if all the Amfleet II coach cars on the long distance trains have been upgraded with AC outlets yet.

To use the Acela lounge, you have to have an Acela first class ticket, sleeper class ticket, or be a Select Plus member.
Not to be picky
mosking.gif
but you can also get into the Club Acela if you have a day pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back