Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

busboy

Service Attendant
I'm thinking about booking a trip from LAX - PDX - CHI

Amtrak website says it's a valid connection in PDX, but it's only a 1:05 layover in PDX. Is this realistic? Does the Coast Starlight usually arrive in PDX on time?

My trip would be the first week of March.

Thanks

I find that the train usually makes this connection. 1:05 should be fine for you.

If you are in a sleeper on either leg, you can use the Metropolitan Lounge in Portland while waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally not a problem and it is a guaranteed connection, but if the Starlight is running too late you may be bussed from K Falls to Portland or possibly Pasco to meet the builder.

I too find that the connection is generally made easily. However, on my last trip, the CS lost time going thru the Cascades. All those transferring to the EB, Amtrak chartered buses to take those transferring from Albany, OR to PDX. (It actually is faster to drive on I-5 between them then the CS travels with stops!)

We arrived at PDX with the EB held for us! The CS, making it's regular stops, arrived about 30 minutes later and continued to SEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back