questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp-44

Train Attendant
now that the EB is out of service indefinite thru Minot ND. and me having reservations for the 23rd of July to ESSEX MT Should I look for other means of getting there flying is not an option

now that the EB is out of service indefinite thru Minot ND. and me having reservations for the 23rd of July to ESSEX MT Should I look for other means of getting there flying is not an option
Where are you traveling from?

Since you are Leaving from WAS I suggest you Book the Cap Ltd. from WAS-CHI, take the California Zephyr from CHI-SAC (Sacramento), then the Coast Starlight from SAC to either Portland (same day Change to the Empire Builder IF Running/otherwise it will be on a Bus from PDX-Montana!) or Seattle (you would have to Spend the Night in Seattle on your Dime, then the Train the next Day to Montana!!

The Alternate is to take the Southwest Chief from CHI-LAX, then the Coast Starlight from LAX-PDX or Sea, same day Connection out of LAX, rest same as above to get to Montana! Please Book as Soon as Possible, the Empire Builder may not run tiil August and the Other Trains are Very Busy in the Summer! You may have to Ride in Coach part or All of the Way Depending on What Dates are Available! :excl: :excl: :excl: :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't check that far in advance, but until at least the end of June, both the Zephyr and Chief are sold out!
ohmy.gif
And I think on some dates I checked, the Starlite was also sold out!
ohmy.gif

thanks for the advice I going to watch the events until after the 4th and make my decision I might just drive it that will take all the guess work out of it.

Looks like we are on the same train as I will also be on the EB on 7/23 (fingers crossed). Reports are now looking favorable that it may, in fact, run by then.

well I hope its running to cause I have to make a decision by the 14th cause if I read the refund policy right I have to it within 7 days of departure and since I am leaving Was on the 22nd.I will have to cancel the rail trip.although the EB is scheduled to run as they are still selling seats.Looks like I may still be driving it This not knowing is aggravating to say the least. Worse than a communications blackout

According to the other EB thread, BNSF is planning on having the EB route through Devils Lake back open by the 13th. So, maybe some good news. I think they are working really hard to get things back in order.

well I hope its running to cause I have to make a decision by the 14th cause if I read the refund policy right I have to it within 7 days of departure and since I am leaving Was on the 22nd.I will have to cancel the rail trip.although the EB is scheduled to run as they are still selling seats.Looks like I may still be driving it This not knowing is aggravating to say the least. Worse than a communications blackout
Don't worry about 7 days prior to departure cancellation. It is Amtrak's choice to cancel the route, not yours. If Amtrak cancel it, it will refund 100% with no penalties, even on the day of departure. If you want to take a really safe bet that you don't want to cancel even though the trip may run, then go ahead and cancel it before the 7 days of departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back