Quick Trac tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
If you've seen my other post, you know that I have a minorly complicated trip in a few months. It gets more complicated. We booked the return trip from BOS to CLE using her AGR card to increase her points. However, she is flying to BOS. The problem is, we live near Columbus and it is very inconvenient to get the Amtrak tickets. I know CLE has a Quick-Trac machine though and have a question. Since the tickets are in my wife's name, on her AGR card, and she won't be there, is it possible for me to get the BOS-CLE ticket in CLE using the Quick-trac machine if I have her AGR card? I'm pretty sure the ticket agent won't allow me to get the ticket if she isn't there. If not, I'm assuming I can get it using a Quick Trac machine in South Station in Boston before she arrives there. I'm concerned with being rushed in Boston getting the tickets in case she is running late.

No problem at all!
wink.gif

And in fact, you don't even need her AGR card! Just insert ANY credit card to activate the QT - and then either enter the reservation number or scan the bar code from the confirmation sheet!

I've been traveing tens of thousands of miles around the country on Amtrak now for about 15 years. Everytime I think I've got the system figured out, something else comes up that I'm not certain how to handle. Everytime that happens, I rely on the people in this forum to help and I always get the correct information I need. Thanks

No problem at all!
wink.gif

And in fact, you don't even need her AGR card! Just insert ANY credit card to activate the QT - and then either enter the reservation number or scan the bar code from the confirmation sheet!
ah, so u don't have to scan the credit card that u bought the tickets on to get them, we have the bar code and the res number, thought u needed the credit card that the tickets were paid for

No problem at all!
wink.gif

ah, so u don't have to scan the credit card that u bought the tickets on to get them, we have the bar code and the res number, thought u needed the credit card that the tickets were paid for
Nope, you do NOT need to use the credit card that the tickets were paid for in order to activate the QT machine, as long as you have the reservation number.

No problem at all!
wink.gif

Nope, you do NOT need to use the credit card that the tickets were paid for in order to activate the QT machine, as long as you have the reservation number.
brill, saves time looking out card statements as can't remember which card we used !!!!

brill, saves time looking out card statements as can't remember which card we used !!!!
If you have the barcode, just bring that along. Makes it real simple. Scan the barcode and the machine brings up your reservation. Just confirm that things are correct on the screen and hit the print button. Make sure to wait for all the tickets to print out, don't want to leave one behind!

It couldn't be simpler. Just don't loose the bar code as anyone can then print the tickets if they want.

If you have the barcode, just bring that along. Makes it real simple. Scan the barcode and the machine brings up your reservation. Just confirm that things are correct on the screen and hit the print button. Make sure to wait for all the tickets to print out, don't want to leave one behind!

It couldn't be simpler. Just don't loose the bar code as anyone can then print the tickets if they want.
thanks

After I posted my question, I wised up and checked the tutorial on the Amtrak site. Alan is correct, it couldn't be simpler. I have the barcodes printed and I guess that's all I need.

However, that brings up a point. Not that I would do this but what guarantees that a person is the proper age required for the 15% senior discount. In Cleveland, where I usually pick up my tickets at the counter, we've been required now to show ID. I travel occasionally with a friend that books the senior discount but I'm not sure that is what the ticket agent is checking. Regardless, he has never had to show any ID on the train. Like I stated, I wouldn't do it since I'd be afraid of getting caught and kicked off the train.

That is a good question!

I many times use the AAA fare. If I get my ticket from the agent, (s)he checks my AAA card. If I use the QT, it never asks me to show it the card!
laugh.gif
And I've never been asked for it on the train.

On one trip, I couldn't use the AAA fare (under 3 days) but my sister is 62. The QT gave her the senior fare! The Conductor never asked for ID or proof from her!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back