Quik Trak Kiosk

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_fr.frank_*

My apologies if this has been asked before, but couldn't find it in any searches. When buying an Amtrak ticket at a QT kiosk, can the form of payment be a prepaid visa card? I have read that it takes visa credit cards and debit cards, but what about a prepaid one; which I guess is like debit card. Also, if it does take one and no name is associated with such a card like a debit or credit card, how does it know what name to put on the ticket? OR do you have the ability to type that into the machine?

Thank you

fr.frank

I really don't know the answer, but as I understand it, you need to insert a card to "turn the QT on". But I've only use a QT once to buy a ticket - and I used my credit card. So I don't know if it reads your name (from the strip) and puts that name on the ticket. But I don't believe so, since anyone can pay for anyone's ticket. (All the other times were to pick up tickets.)

I'm not aware of any reason why a prepaid credit card wouldn't work. I don't think that Amtrak would care, as long as they get their money.

As for the name, you type that in on the screen as you make the reservation, assuming that you didn't make an internet/phone reservation first.

Back