rail sale seats question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going on a trip from Kiss-Jax tommorrow. I got a great deal at 18.00 for it. Sill question since this only a guess. Being extra seats they are they going to be good seats near the dining car or seats that are far away?

I'm not quite sure why seats near the dining car would qualify as good seats, other than perhaps a shorter walk. However, the lounge car will always be between the coaches and the dining car. Personally if I were riding in coach, I'd consider seats in the last car to be the best, such that I could look out the rear window. :)

As far as where you'll end up, that will really depend on passenger loads and how the onboard crew arranges things. They do tend to group short haul passengers into one coach, but you can never truly predict what any given crew will do.

Regardless, have a great trip. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, on both the Silver Service and Crescent, passengers traveling to points on the NEC are in the first coach. Generally (and this is only in my experience) the passengers traveling within Florida will be in the 3rd or 4th coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back