Railworks 3 is 90% off on Steam next 24 hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beat me to it, but to add to this, a pack including the game, Donner Pass route, Northeast Corridor, and the Horseshoe Curve route is only $7.19 right now. That'd be a great deal for just one of these. I myself snagged it for Horseshoe Curve (EXCELLENT!) and Donner Pass (meh, but hopefully they'll update it).

Well, good news/bad news here. Good news is that I got the $7.19 pack. Bad news is that it is now going to take...about a day to download, in all likelihood. I'll probably go into an office I have access to tomorrow so I can get a faster link, but this...is going to take a while.

I first created a steam account, then got the deluxe version with Horseshoe for 3.99. It downloaded in only 24 minutes, but it does no work. Every time I click play from the main steam account page, first, a message comes up telling me Google Chrome needs to launch an external application - the choices are do nothing - which it recommends, or launch application. To get it running, I click Launch Application Then it extracts files, then verifies them, then it says installation even though it should have already loaded. The installation is . NET Framework 4 Extended, at least that's what it says. Next I get a message that it can't sync right to the Steam Cloud. Then when I finally get to the Railworks page, I click start in the bottom right, and I get one of those messages like when the internet unexpectedly closes after becoming unresponsive, where it says RailWorksProc2.exe has stopped working. So after a lot of work based off of a friend's recommendation, nothing. Any techies want to tell me where to go from here?

I first created a steam account, then got the deluxe version with Horseshoe for 3.99. It downloaded in only 24 minutes, but it does no work. Every time I click play from the main steam account page, first, a message comes up telling me Google Chrome needs to launch an external application - the choices are do nothing - which it recommends, or launch application. To get it running, I click Launch Application Then it extracts files, then verifies them, then it says installation even though it should have already loaded. The installation is . NET Framework 4 Extended, at least that's what it says. Next I get a message that it can't sync right to the Steam Cloud. Then when I finally get to the Railworks page, I click start in the bottom right, and I get one of those messages like when the internet unexpectedly closes after becoming unresponsive, where it says RailWorksProc2.exe has stopped working. So after a lot of work based off of a friend's recommendation, nothing. Any techies want to tell me where to go from here?
Ok I finally got a message that Steam did not install all the way before so I uninstalled it and it is redoing it right now.

Mine is up and running. Sadly, I got shunted onto the wrong track in Newark and...well, two Regionals had a very bad meeting.

I'm wondering...I know there's some DLC for the Acela, the Genesis, and the GG-1. Does anybody know if there's DLC for non-Amtube passenger cars (i.e. Viewliners, Heritage fleet stuff, etc.)? Also, what about a good list of maps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, there's nothing for Amtrak other than the Amfleets and Superliners (with P42) yet. Someone at one time had repainted one of the default baggage cars into an Amtrak scheme, but no one seems to be able to find it so it was probably taken down from wherever it was hosted.

Back