Random question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevzec

Train Attendant
What is the car in the photo on p. 112 of the Fall 2009/Winter 2010 Amtrak System Timetable?

Or, better stated, what I am wondering is, which train is it? Is it out west somewhere? In any case, it's a lot nicer looking than the cafe cars on the Pennsylvanian or the Northeast Regional or the Lincoln Service...

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the car in the photo on p. 112 of the Fall 2009/Winter 2010 Amtrak System Timetable?
Never been but, maybe it's The Acela??? 2nd choice, PPC????

RF
Not Acela; the Acela cafe's don't have seats, IIRC.

I've never been in a PPC, but it doesn't look like any of the PPC photos I found online via a quick search--all the ones I saw were dome cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the inside of a Cross Country Cafe.
Really? That crossed my mind, but I figured it probably was not a CCC, because I have seen various people state that (what I think of as) the dining car on the Capitol Limited is a CCC, and it looks different from the photo on p. 112. Do the CCC's not all look the same?

Never been but, maybe it's The Acela??? 2nd choice, PPC????

RF
Never been either, but it kinda looks like the Cross Country Cafe in the Amtrak 3d tour. It's not the PPC.
OK; it's been 10 minutes. Time for one of you knowledgeable people to show up and help us out. :)
What- you don't like the peanut gallery? :)

Look here. Looks like this one.

That would be the inside of a Cross Country Cafe.
Really? That crossed my mind, but I figured it probably was not a CCC, because I have seen various people state that (what I think of as) the dining car on the Capitol Limited is a CCC, and it looks different from the photo on p. 112. Do the CCC's not all look the same?
Idk. but I will tell you this, its a CCC.

It's not a diner-lounge (Cross Country Cafe, if you must). The "serving counter" doesn't look quite like that, and even if it did, it's on the wrong side.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, since I've never ridden this particular train, but I'm going to say it's an Auto Train lounge (which would explain why most folks on this forum have probably never seen it before).

I just did a quick google search & saw a pic of 'amtrak auto train lounge'. I stand corrected, it looks very similar to the photo in the Timetable. The tip off is the upholstery color are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back