Redeem Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainut

Train Attendant
I have 52,000 AGR points. I want to travel in 3 zones, bedroom on all legs, with my wife going along. How do I go about booking the trip? It will take 50,000 points, does she go with me at an additional charge, and if so how much and how do I pay?

Thanks in advanced,

Trainut

I have 52,000 AGR points. I want to travel in 3 zones, bedroom on all legs, with my wife going along. How do I go about booking the trip? It will take 50,000 points, does she go with me at an additional charge, and if so how much and how do I pay?Thanks in advanced,

Trainut
If the 50,000 pays for the bedroom on all the legs you want, then everyone in the bedroom goes for the 50K. No extra charge.

The AGR award for a bedroom (or a roomette) includes the room and rail fare for either 1 or 2 people. Also keep in mind that the awards are for ONE WAY! (So a round trip award would be 2 awards. Of course, you could always buy the return trip.)

Also remember that if any of your segments include a trip that include Business Class, if your AGR award includes a roomette or bedroom, you're entitled to travel Business Class. ;) (You may have to ask for it.)

Example - You get a 3 zone bedroom award from PVD-SAN. You travel PVD-WAS-CHI-LAX-SAN. On the WAS-CHI and CHI-LAX segments, you have a bedroom. But on the PVD-WAS and LAX-SAN trains, these offer Business Class - you can get Business Class tickets for these trains! ;)

The AGR award for a bedroom (or a roomette) includes the room and rail fare for either 1 or 2 people. Also keep in mind that the awards are for ONE WAY! (So a round trip award would be 2 awards. Of course, you could always buy the return trip.)
Also remember that if any of your segments include a trip that include Business Class, if your AGR award includes a roomette or bedroom, you're entitled to travel Business Class. ;) (You may have to ask for it.)

Example - You get a 3 zone bedroom award from PVD-SAN. You travel PVD-WAS-CHI-LAX-SAN. On the WAS-CHI and CHI-LAX segments, you have a bedroom. But on the PVD-WAS and LAX-SAN trains, these offer Business Class - you can get Business Class tickets for these trains! ;)
Thank you for this! I did not know about the Business Class available on the routes without roommettes when you book a roommette award. That might make a difference for me sometime if I start my trip on the Cascades here and connect to the CS or the EB.

Thank you for this! I did not know about the Business Class available on the routes without roommettes when you book a roommette award. That might make a difference for me sometime if I start my trip on the Cascades here and connect to the CS or the EB.
How many points would you need for a trip like that?

How many points would you need for a trip like that?
If you were asking about my fake example of PVD-SAN, it would be 10,500 for coach (but no business class), or 35,000 (for a roomette) or 50,000 (for a bedroom).

But there is a trick (via a loophole :ph34r: ) to lower the points needed - but it includes 1 extra day and night in coach :eek: and many extra rail miles :p !

Back