Redeeming points online?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leacrane

Train Attendant
I'm not getting it. Now with the new point per dollar system can I buy sleeper or any tickets without calling?

I am logging in and getting stuck in loop. Redeem guest rewards for travel takes me to reservations , I get the trip info and dollar cost but I see no place to find point cost or pay with points.

Am using Mobile site

Please advise.

Thank you.

If you can figure out how to, request the desk top site on your mobile device. It is possible. Then, put in your desired trip info and check the 'points' button. When you go to pay for it you will be asked to log into AGR. From then on it's simple.

I don't use the app or the mobile site unless I have to.

On the reservation screen, on top of the list it has 2 boxes. One says "cash" and the other says "points".

If you chose "cash" (the default), it will show the "saver", "flexible" and "upgrade" prices. (Example - $89, $157, $269) If you chose the "points" tab, it will show the number of points needed. (Example - 3,586 points, 12,573 points)

You just select as normal to book.

On the reservation screen, on top of the list it has 2 boxes. One says "cash" and the other says "points".

If you chose "cash" (the default), it will show the "saver", "flexible" and "upgrade" prices. (Example - $89, $157, $269) If you chose the "points" tab, it will show the number of points needed. (Example - 3,586 points, 12,573 points)

He seems to using the App which has not been updated yet to allow buying with points. That's why CoM suggested he go to the full website on his device and look there for the points button.

And when you select points, discounts such as AAA, Senior, etc. are removed and the points calculation is based on the stated full fare.

Back