Refundable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Finn

I'm planning to book a trip from Philadelphia to Orlando in late 2014. If I use my AGR points for my tickets and something happens and I can't go, will they refund the points back to my account or will I lose them. I would lose 50,000 points.

As long as you cancel before the train leaves, you will get all your points back. I believe it is when the train leaves your station. But I am sure you would know at least 24 hours before time to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you book using AGR points, you can cancel up to the trains departure and receive a full refund of your points back to your account! (If the train departs at 9:00, you have until 8:59 to cancel to receive all points back. At 9:00, you lose all points for the reservation.)

I would suggest that AGR members keep in mind that Amtrak had planned a change that would have forfeited all of our "spent" points upon cancellation before backing down following user feedback. If we abuse this rule the same way some members routinely abused the loophole rules then chances are we'll all be paying the price someday.

I would suggest that AGR members keep in mind that Amtrak had planned a change that would have forfeited all of our "spent" points upon cancellation before backing down following user feedback. If we abuse this rule the same way some members routinely abused the loophole rules then chances are we'll all be paying the price someday.
AGREE!

Back