refurbished superliners

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eliyahu

Train Attendant
folks,

i've seen elsewhere photos of recently refurbished superliner lounge cars and sleepers, but recently discovered that coaches are undergoing a heavy refurb as well. does anyone have interior photographs of what the refurbished coaches look like? are they also refurb'ing diner cars, and if so, anyone have photos of those?

-- eliyahu

austin, tx

Check out my photos at this web site. I took quite a few pictures, however, since I was in a sleeper there are no pictures of coach. I do have a picture of business class on the Bluewater from East Lansing to Chicago. I was on the Empire Builder in September. All the cars had been redone, including the lounge and dining car.

The web site is: http://community.webshots.com/album/554419312tNrDOb

Nice shots. They may help convince the XYL to spring for more Amtrak trips. Thanks.

folks,
i've seen elsewhere photos of recently refurbished superliner lounge cars and sleepers, but recently discovered that coaches are undergoing a heavy refurb as well. does anyone have interior photographs of what the refurbished coaches look like? are they also refurb'ing diner cars, and if so, anyone have photos of those?

-- eliyahu

austin, tx
I Think they neglected to add additional AC outlets in great need to passengers on long distant trains. An outlet at everyseat as on some trains would make the long distant travel a lot more enjoyable with the advent of laptops and portable DVD players that most pack as travel needs. The first thing I do after boarding the train is to look for a seat with an outlet to plug my laptop and phone into. Of course I share with the people around me as I pack an extention cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back