Rental Cars in Toledo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AferVentus

Train Attendant
Ok, now that I've officially become a trainiac, I will be taking the train out to Ohio (from Red Wing) with my family to go to Cedar Point (in Sandusky, OH).

The only problem that we have is that time is an issue for returning - so we will do a 1-way flight coming back going through Toledo. So by looking at what our options are, we could go directly to Sandusky, OH, but be without a Rental Car (not feasible). Or we could go through Cleveland, but that's too far to the east, and the arrival time for the Capitol Limited is too late.

It looks like our only option would be to take the train to Toledo (arriving late Thursday night), rent a car, and return the car before our flight on Sunday. However, the Amtrak station (according to google maps) is over 30 minutes from the airport, and in order to avoid astronomical charges, we would need to rent and return to the same location (namely the Airport).

In sum, my question is - Will a company like Enterprise pick you up at the train station and allow you to return to the airport? Or has someone done something different from this that is simpler? I'd like to hear experiences, and any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back