Requesting breakfast in room

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaMom

Service Attendant
My younger son and I will be in a bedroom on the Zephyr, boarding in Emeryville. Our boarding time is 9:10am, so I think we are eligible for the breakfast meal, but I think he and I will too excited to sit in the dining car to eat a full meal.

Can I ask the SCA for breakfast to be brought to our room (yes, I will tip!) perhaps just some fruit and milk, but not be there (we will most likely be exploring the train)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the first meal served on the Zephyr is Lunch so no Breakfast! You can purchase a LA carte from the cafe car but a better idea is to get a breakfast sandwich @ the Subway in front of the Station! There is also a mini-cafe inside the station with items on offering but the Subway is cheaper, healthier and tastier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the first meal served on the Zephyr is Lunch so no Breakfast! You can purchase a LA carte from the cafe car but a better idea is to get a breakfast sandwich @ the Subway in front of the Station! There is also a mini-cafe inside the station with items on offering but the Subway is cheaper, healthier and tastier!
Thanks! We will bring something light to hold us until lunch! Probably too excited to eat much anyway!

Enjoy your trip! To answer your question, it is definitely possible for the SCA to bring the meal (be it lunch, bfast or dinner) to your room. Bear in mind

that while you've have the benefit of privacy, the table in the roomette is rather small, so two meal trays can be a bit cumbersome. But it is definitely

doable! And yes, a tip for the SCA is appreciated but not specifically required.

Enjoy your trip! To answer your question, it is definitely possible for the SCA to bring the meal (be it lunch, bfast or dinner) to your room. Bear in mind

that while you've have the benefit of privacy, the table in the roomette is rather small, so two meal trays can be a bit cumbersome. But it is definitely

doable! And yes, a tip for the SCA is appreciated but not specifically required.
Thanks! We will probably take all our meals in the dining car; might as well enjoy all that Amtrak has to offer!

and you will get to meet interesting people in the dining car, since groups less than 4 are nearly always seeted with other people in order to fill up each table designed for 4

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back