Ridership Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mildly resent the lack of Australia as an option, as I have taken trains there ;-)

[Also, I have some goofy answers in Europe because of that cross-continent trip a few years ago. I omitted Finland from my response, but that's because I didn't take any intercity trains there...only the local stuff...]

[Also, I have some goofy answers in Europe because of that cross-continent trip a few years ago. I omitted Finland from my response, but that's because I didn't take any intercity trains there...only the local stuff...]
Trains are trains! Unless it's a subway/metro in case I personally don't classify that as "proper" trains (sorry not sorry!)

Trains are trains! Unless it's a subway/metro in case I personally don't classify that as "proper" trains (sorry not sorry!)
My definition of a train is a vehicle that operates on a fixed guideway, and is wider than the direct contact area of the guideway.

This excludes the Japanese version of the maglev technology, since the "Train" operates in a bathtub style guideway, where the guideway is wider than the "Train".

The question about who you travel with is too limited ... it needs an "other" or "it depends" option since sometimes people travel alone and other times with someone else
Yes, it seems several categories are missing including traveling with one family member who is not one's sig other and also traveling with a friend(s).

Some questions shouldn't be only Yes/No. E.g., I couldn't answer whether I tip at bars because I don't go to bars.

Most of those types of questions, aren't required (no *) so you are welcome to just not answer it.

I've now closed the survey so that I can spend some time processing the data before leaving for my big holiday vacation. Thanks for all your responses & comments here.

Amtrak-survey.jpg

I had about the same number of responses as 2019, but interestingly less responses for overseas people (this year only had 1 non-US responce, & it was from Canada). CA & IL retained their top two spots on for respondent's locations. Interestingly there was a lot more younger folks (25-34) responding this time. I'll have a proper release of data later on, just a quick little tease for now.

If anyone is interested in helping (at the very least proofing) future surveys; as the tilt more towards ridership than tipping; let me know! I could certainly use the help.

Most of those types of questions, aren't required (no *) so you are welcome to just not answer it.

I've now closed the survey so that I can spend some time processing the data before leaving for my big holiday vacation. Thanks for all your responses & comments here.

View attachment 26172

I had about the same number of responses as 2019, but interestingly less responses for overseas people (this year only had 1 non-US responce, & it was from Canada). CA & IL retained their top two spots on for respondent's locations. Interestingly there was a lot more younger folks (25-34) responding this time. I'll have a proper release of data later on, just a quick little tease for now.

If anyone is interested in helping (at the very least proofing) future surveys; as the tilt more towards ridership than tipping; let me know! I could certainly use the help.
Cool! I'd definitely be interested in helping!

Back