RMA Travel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGirl

Train Attendant
RMA Travel in Denver has closed. We booked several train trips through them and it was always a seamless trip with everything in place.

I heard that too many refunds had to be given out due to the constant AMTRAK delays. I think they booked a lot of ski trips and a lot of short hops from Denver to Winter Park or Glenwood Springs.

Very nice and helpful people that worked there. Sure made it easy to book the trips when I knew nothing about train travel.

That's sad if Amtrak's refund policy negatively affected the Travel Agency.

Sadly still is that most folks are circumventing TA's, preferring to do the work themselves, leaving those who prefer to book through them with a bit fewer choices.

The decline of the brick and mortar travel agency started in the 90s - before the explosion of the internet - when hotels and airlines reduced or completely eliminated commissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that too many refunds had to be given out due to the constant AMTRAK delays.
I simply made a rhetorical statement that if Amtrak's refund policy is putting travel agents out of business, then it is a shame. I don't know if it is or isn't.

But if riders are buying tickets via a TA, the train gets delayed, Amtrak refunds, and TA loses their commission, that's a shame.

OP obviously feels there is a correlation between the refunds (due to poor performance) and TAs closing.

I simply made an observation and a comment, which is what we do here, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think it would be a real shame if the ugly paint scheme on the P42's is what put this fine travel agency under.

I mean, I'm not saying they are related, but if there were, it would be sad indeed...

They were easy to work with. I could have easily booked things on my own, but they could always come in just a bit under what I could price out online and the transfers from the station to the condo was always waiting. They could get our lift tickets much cheaper than I could also. I was just so simple! I'll miss them, but don't really have any plans for future trips on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back