Rocky Mountaineer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillVas

Service Attendant
Hello

I am scheduled for the 17 day Rocky Mountaineer trip from Vancouver eastbound to Halifax. Has anyone taken this trip as I am going in the gold section. I have had the chance to visit Vancouver before and will do so again before the trip starts, but I would like any details or help you can give in what to bring for clothing needs, and how to pack.

Also what did you like about the trip and what did you not like about the trip???

Thanks Bill

Unless Rocky Mountaineer has combined travel with VIA, you won't take it from Vancouver any further than Jasper, Banff, or Calgary. Going east, that's as far as it goes.

I haven't looked recently, but they perhaps have a trip that meshes with VIA Rail.

I rode Rocky Mountaineer last May as part of a Toronto to Vancouver trip.

Pictures from the trip are here.

There is also a trip report for the Rocky Mountaineer part in the trip reports section here.

Hello,

Great Photos and report on the Rocky Mountaineer. Yes they have included days in Toronto, Montreal and Halifax so they give you a guided tour in those cities plus letting you on your own at times.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back