ROOM 19 on Superliner Sleeper??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CLEARFORK

Just booked a roomette on train 3, Southwest Chief. Room 19. How can this be since there are only 14 roomettes? Could it be the "deluxe" rooms are numbered rather than designated by letter?

Room #19 is a roomette in the trans-dorm (aka crew sleeper) 1/2 are revenue roomettes and the otherr 1/2 are the crew's rooms. You can not go into the other 1/2.

Many like the trans-dorm as there is less pass thru traffic and it is generally quieter. The only ones to pass thru are the crew, and they may leave at 5 am and not return until 10 pm.

Ah. Thanks. I noticed on the diagram there was no shower. Is there a shower, or do passengers in the trans-dorm use a lower level shower in a different car?

Most of the Transdorm have at least one shower upstairs and some have two, one by the stairs marked for crew and one bathroom/shower Combo on the Revenue end for use of paying passengers!

As rrdude said, there is also the regular shower and bathrooms downstairs that all Superliner Sleepers have that you can use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the transdorm. You'll hear the horn more, since you'll be closer to it, but the payoff is that you don't have as many passengers in that car and there's usually an extra shower, as others have mentioned. I'll take the quiet atmosphere with a louder horn over a busy car any day. I wear earplugs at night, and that helps quite a bit.

Transition sleeper 39009 has one toilet upstairs and no showers upstairs (at least in the revenue part of the car). There are four toilets downstairs and two showers downstairs. Each shower is accessed through a toilet room and the toilet room serves as the dressing room. One of the toilet-shower combinations is accessed through a lounge that has two seats and two sinks; the lounge door does not lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back