Room for a spinner carry-on in a Superliner roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kentuckian1977

Service Attendant
I'm going to be making a solo CHI-NOL roundtrip on the CONO a month from now. It'll be my first trip in a Superliner roomette. Is there room in the roomette for my 25" spinner carry-on? I'm thinking so, based on pics I've seen online and such, but just want some opinions. Also, is the sleeper still on the rear of the CONO at this time? I've got roomette 3 upstairs going down and 13 downstairs coming back.

A roomete is very small. You will be better leave your spinner in the luggage rack on the lower level right next to the door.

Yes, the sleeper is at the rear - at least it was yesterday.

Even when traveling alone, there isn't room for a suitcase in a roomette unless you place it in the opposing seat or lay it down under your feet. I don't think that's a very good idea. You will want to leave the bag in the luggage rack. Be sure it's locked and on long stops I like to stand guard while getting some fresh air. I don't trust that my bag wouldn't be snatched off the rack. This is one reason I always ask for a downstairs roomette.

You can always let down the top bunk throw your carryon up there and then close the bunk back up it has always worked well for me, also knowing that my bag was in my room, secure , provided peace of mind and it was easy to get to if I happened to need anything like my cameras or meds

If you are in a Superliner I (without the useless closet), you can

put a full size suitcase upright in the space between the seat and wall.

You can also put two pieces under the seats, assuming they are not too large.

Yes, the sleeper is at the rear - at least it was yesterday.
The sleeper seems to be on the rear permanently for now. This is apparently done to make switching easier in San Antonio as the CONO and the Texas Eagle currently share equipment. This arrangement makes it so that the Eagle can just cut off the last two cars (1 coach/1 sleeper) of the train, the through cars to Los Angeles, at the San Antonio Amtrak Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back