Roomette location

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocJohnB

Train Attendant
:help:

I am just trying to get an idea of where my roomette will be located.

On both my south and north bound Silver Meteor routes, I have been assigned roomette 2. Southbound in car 9710, northbound in car 9811.

On the Amtrak website there is a schematic of the Viewliner that shows the locations of the various sleeping accommodations. I assume that the location of the room number does not change. So, my question is where in the car is that roomette located.

Am I correct in assuming that the trains are always configured the same (front to back)?

Thanks from the new guy on the block.

John

The car may be run forward or backward, so you may be on either side, depending on the day.....but rmte 2 is still rmte 2, no matter.
Nope, Viewliners for now always run in the same orientation due to the need to have a vestibule next to the dining cars. So during the winter when the sleepers are on the rear of the train, the H-room always runs first or closer to the engine. During the summer months & shoulders, the roomettes would run first on the Silvers with the H-rooms to the rear.

Once the new Viewliner diners come online, then it won't matter and Amtrak can flip the cars around as needed much like they currently do with the Superliners.

Thanks, I stand corrected....
hi.gif

The car may be run forward or backward, so you may be on either side, depending on the day.....but rmte 2 is still rmte 2, no matter.
Nope, Viewliners for now always run in the same orientation due to the need to have a vestibule next to the dining cars. So during the winter when the sleepers are on the rear of the train, the H-room always runs first or closer to the engine. During the summer months & shoulders, the roomettes would run first on the Silvers with the H-rooms to the rear.

Once the new Viewliner diners come online, then it won't matter and Amtrak can flip the cars around as needed much like they currently do with the Superliners.
So when do they start running the summer configuration?

So when do they start running the summer configuration?
I'd expect a switch back to the norm any day now, especially with the very warm weather we're having now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back