Roomettes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the seats recline in the roomettes as they do in coach? (CZ) Or are they stationary unless lowered to form a bed? Is there a tiny closet to store a carry-on bag or do you stow it under the seat?

The seats do recline a small bit - but nothing like coach! If you are alone, you can always put your feet on the other seat!

Depending on the model of Superliner, and if it has been refurbished or not, there may or may not be a closet in your roomette. I myself keep all bags except what I need (and of course valuables - like computers and cameras) in the lower level luggage rack. Unless you are alone (and can store bags on the other berth), there is very little storage space in a Superliner roomette!
excl.gif

Do the seats recline in the roomettes as they do in coach? (CZ) Or are they stationary unless lowered to form a bed? Is there a tiny closet to store a carry-on bag or do you stow it under the seat?
The seats in coach recline like airline seats...although much, much farther and more comfortably. The seats in a Superliner roomette (I have yet to ride a Viewliner) recline by sliding the base away from the wall, so you lose some knee room. It's usually not a problem although with two full size adults in one roomette it could get tight.

The Superliner I roomettes have a tiny hanging locker/closet, about five inches wide. It is NOT big enough for a suitcase or garment bag, although it IS big enough for you to store your daytime clothes while you sleep (hangers are provided). Depending on the season you may be able to put your coat or jacket in there as well, as long as it's not an overstuffed parka or something similar. The Superliner II roomettes do away with the closet in favor of an open area with a hanging rod. This area may be large enough to hang a garment bag as long as it's not overstuffed.

A tote bag or something similar will fit under the seats. You could perch a suitcase on the steps for the upper berth, although if you're using that berth you may want to keep those steps unencumbered. I recommend that any big luggage be stored in the communal storage rack on the lower level, or (preferably) checked through to destination.

The car cleaners rarely do much of a job vacuuming under the roomette seats. I wouldn't put anything delicate or easily soiled there. Fine for shoes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back