Rooms on CZ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfan

Service Attendant
I had wanted to do a round trip on CZ Chi to Sac but since last fall the rooms on the dates in

March I wanted were $1450 so I gave up , Now I have other plans I look and they are $600

WHAT HAPPENED! 600 is under the lowest bucket o amsnag!

Thanks

Trainfan

I cant take advantage of this $ as I am on theSWC , Which was at $655 at the time, I have

never seen this happen before . usually the earler you book the better the price , Is Amtrak

trying a new angle, start high and go lower as the rooms dont fill ,If you paid the high price

can you cancel and rebook at the low price!!!?

Trainfan

I cant take advantage of this $ as I am on theSWC , Which was at $655 at the time, I have

never seen this happen before . usually the earler you book the better the price , Is Amtrak

trying a new angle, start high and go lower as the rooms dont fill ,If you paid the high price

Trainfan
That is exactly what they are doing. Even some corridor services open in a higher bucket. The old conventional wisdom that fares can only go up is outdated.

Trainfan
Not saying that you want to do it, but it should be possible to call Amtrak and have them kill the reservation on the SWC and apply the funds to the CZ if you'd rather go that way. And assuming that the room is still at the lower price.

Could also be the case where a tour group had reserved a large quantity of sleeper rooms, raising the price on the available bucket on your days of interest. But, if the tour group recently cancelled, the lowest bucket might have reopened, to your benefit.

Thanks for the replys, I dont think it was tour groups cancelling as just about every day was

at the high bucket . also the $600 was below the the lowest bucket according to Am -Snag

I wonder if someone at Amtrak hit the panic button when they had not sold any bedrooms for

March trains!!!!!

Thanks again!

Trainfan

I am riding the CZ March 26 and returning April 1 and am hoping/wishing the roomette price would drop. It's currently $283 or so...not bad but still out of my price range for going it alone. Still time for miracles though! :)

I am riding the CZ March 26 and returning April 1 and am hoping/wishing the roomette price would drop. It's currently $283 or so...not bad but still out of my price range for going it alone. Still time for miracles though! :)
I'll be watching for you. Boarding the CZ in SLC westbound on the 27th.

I'll be watching for you. Boarding the CZ in SLC westbound on the 27th.
Cool! Just don't be looking for me to be wearing the monks robe though...that's only for special parties! If you see somebody wearing a powder blue pull over jacket with a colorful turkey embroidered on the left upper chest that will be me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back