Round Trip or One Way (twice)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annie

I need to make a trip from Chicago to DC and back. However, the return trip will be with an additional person. I wanted to do a roomette for me going out and then the family room for returning. Should I book one way for each or can I do a roundtrip and add my additional person? My to DC trip will get in to DC on Friday and my fromDC trip will leave the next day (Saturday). If there is a terrible delay (over 24 hours) of my to DC trip, I won't be there to take the return trip. If I have a round trip am I correct that Amtrak would have to deal with the problem of missing my return trip, but if I have a one way each way, I would be on my own about the problem??

I need to make a trip from Chicago to DC and back. However, the return trip will be with an additional person. I wanted to do a roomette for me going out and then the family room for returning. Should I book one way for each or can I do a roundtrip and add my additional person? My to DC trip will get in to DC on Friday and my fromDC trip will leave the next day (Saturday). If there is a terrible delay (over 24 hours) of my to DC trip, I won't be there to take the return trip. If I have a round trip am I correct that Amtrak would have to deal with the problem of missing my return trip, but if I have a one way each way, I would be on my own about the problem??
A delay of 24 hours or more is very unlikely. I would book it as 2 separate trips, that would be much easier since you are adding an additional person on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back