Run in with customer relations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she and another passenger were screaming at each other over the fact that you can't catch the greyhound bus at the train station and that you have to call a cab. her attitude was take a cab or walk its not my problem.
There is no way that Amtrak can get the Trains to go to the Bus Station. There aren't any TRACKS there!

If you want Greyhound to get a Bus to go to the Train Station... take it up with Greyhound!

I'm not clear why anybody would want to take Greyhound from Flagstaff anyway, since "Open Road Tours" has more busses, better schedules, and DOES go to the Train Station.
you know your got a attitude problem buddy i guess you know nothing about Amtrak and there bus connections do you. No you don't so let me explain it. In the website back in 07 when I booked the train trip from CHI to PHX I had to connect to a greyhound bus (thruway service) from flagstaff to phx. But at the time it did not say self transfer. We all assumed that the Bus stopped at the Amtrak station and took you to PHX. It does not you have to catch it at the greyhound station. Well they don't tell you that and the ticket agent at the station hid the sign out of view telling you that. As soon as i entered the station the passenger and the agent were going at it. the passenger was asking for her employee number.Same thing back on the Texas eagle this year. After we hit that car this lady who was not in uniform was telling people to get back on the train(safety) well some people did not believe her and when asking for ID she threatened to have them arrested for refusing orders. SHE COULD HAVE BEEN A TERRORIST FOR ALL WE KNOW. (she was part of the switching crew in san-Antonio tx.) so there.
It is irresponsible of Amtrak to provide this as a connecting service when it is not a true connecting service. Personally, I could handle it, but if I were booking this for my mother or another family member who is already uncomfortable navigating their way around ground transportation, I would NOT want her showing up there without realizing she would have to pay to take a cab from one place to another. I would say the same thing if an airline forced a "self transfer" from IAH to Houston Hobby, DFW to Love Field, LAX to Burbank, or any other cross-town transfer. I would not book my mother or anyone else on an itinerary that required that. Amtrak should not do it either.

Amtrak's contract with Greyhound should stipulate that Greyhound pick passengers up from the Amtrak station. If Greyhound doesn't want to do that, Amtrak should cancel its contract with Greyhound, run its own buses, contract with another agency (Open Road Tours, for example), or contract with the cab company to provide transportation at Amtrak's cost (it should be built into the FLG-PHX fare).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back