Sad News

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
We have learned that a member of the AU group is suffering from cancer and is currently in hospice care in Florida.

She is know here on the forum as Mercedeslove. Several of us on AU are Facebook friends with her and the word we receive from a family member is she may only have weeks left to live. While we normally don't make these type announcements we thought since she has been a long time AU member that some might want to know of her condition and remember her in the next few weeks as she struggles with her condition.

Thanks!!

Having met her in CHI and again from SAC to PDX (I took the SWC and CS, she took the CZ and we both met on the same CS - in fact in next door roomettes = 6 & 8), I know she is fine gal who recently moved from the CHI area to Lakeland, FL. I am so sorry to here this news!
sad.gif

I wish her the best!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

If you are in contact with her family again, please give my best to her and her family.

:(

:hi: Didnt have the pleasure of meeting her but have enjoyed her posts during the two years I have been a member of this forum! We all wish her all the best, hope her Memories of Train tTrips in the past help make the transition to the next stage of life a little easier! Hope the Holiday season is as happy as it can be for her and her family and

Loved ones! :wub:

Dang it, the Big C can be such a big pain! Checked my prayer list about a week ago and 6 of the 8 folks are battling cancer. I have enjoyed her posts and will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Holy-. Ok, I'm at a loss for words. I've never met her but we were friends online for a while, but through my starting a business, I ran out of time and stopped keeping up with most of my friends. Its a heads up for me, for sure. Only 32, and a really sweet person in general.

You never really think about what you have until something like this happens. I will pray for a miracle.

Holy-. Ok, I'm at a loss for words. I will pray for a miracle.
Well put GML. There are times that being at a loss for words is the best response we can offer. Suffering is, all to often, unexplainable. I will join you this day in praying for a miracle for mercedeslove. Like you, I have never met her face to face but she was a valued AU friend. And if the miracle is spiritual peace and not physical healing we will need to be satisfied with that.

Her last FB posting was 12/26 at 3:00 PM and it simply said, "oh morphine".

No further word on her condition at this time.

I was not close to her but I'm glad she's finally at peace with no more suffering. The presumably unintended irony of this thread is not lost on me but I guess that's just how these things go. Although it's sad to think she's gone, some of her past comments have made me chuckle and still bring a smile to my face even now.

I am very sorry to hear this news. Laura and I exchanged personal messages back when her mother and my mother passed away within 24 hours of each other. I hope that my messages to her were comforting because I know her's to me were. I never met her, never spoke to her, but communities like this allow you to feel you know someone anyway. My thoughts are with her family and for her. Her suffering is over.

Thanks for posting her passing Tom. She did light up the site with some of her posts at times. I hope the angels are lighting candles for her now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back