San Antonio.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el Guapo

Train Attendant
Sorry if this has been covered before. Couldn't find anything using the 'Search'.

If the Sunset is on time (yeah, I know) into San Antonio, is going to the Alamo for a picture and to the Riverwalk for a beverage do-able?

Thanks

last month sunset going east had 2-3 hours to visit alamo and riverwalk, dark but still got pictures.

The walking tour only took a little over an hour for me, dennys was too crowded so we skipped it.

Sorry if this has been covered before. Couldn't find anything using the 'Search'.
If the Sunset is on time (yeah, I know) into San Antonio, is going to the Alamo for a picture and to the Riverwalk for a beverage do-able?

Thanks
Please see the Post "Texas Eagle Question" posted 09/02/2009 by Meat Puppet!Shouldnt be any problem if the SL is on time, arrive 1025PM. leave for NOL @ 3AM,its been early lately so you should have plenty of time!Its on Amtrak Rail Discussion,I believe its page #4? :)

Thanks.

Judging by the distances I figured that it could. Anybody else do it? Any spots to avoid?

Haven't been to San Antonio in may years.

Judging by the distances I figured that it could. Anybody else do it? Any spots to avoid?
I was there in May, eastbound on the SL. I walked up alongside our train to the engine, which was at a major cross-street (Commerce St.) and turned left. Walked along past the Denny's and under a Freeway and came to the Riverwalk. The central portions of Riverwalk are well-populated. You can walk through the Hyatt Regency from the Riverwalk itself and be right in front of the Alamo. Following the Riverwalk too far north or south, you leave the commercial and popular district. I would not venture into those areas alone at night. Likewise around the Train Station, advice I've heard is to stay on the West (Station) side of the Tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back