San Diego Zoo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad

Lead Service Attendant
I've got a few days in Los Angeles next year and am hoping to take a day trip to San Diego Zoo. When I try and check the price and times on the Amtrak website I can easily get from Lax to SDZ but no matter what I try (2 single trips, return journey, multi city) the return journey just shows an error message or, at best, shows the return Thruway bus with a 'Book With Train' message.

Surely Californian laws don't prevent using the Thruway to get back to the train? (Yeah, I know I could probably use the local bus but I'd prefer to just make a single booking through Amtrak. :unsure: )

Part of the problem is that from SDZ to SAN, there is only 1 Amtrak bus (4:00-4:20 PM). However, it doesn't make sense that there is no way to book it from SDZ to LAX on the "regular" screen. Because there are 2 trains and 1 bus to LAX after that time. But if you use the "Multi-City" booking screen, and input SDZ to SAN and SAN to LAX AFTER 4 PM, it will work! ;)

"San Diego Zoo, I can get there but can't get back": isn't that about how the inhabitants of the establishment feel?

Just take the 7 MTS bus. It runs on Broadway through downtown, and on Park, in front of the Zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back