San Francisco Financial District Thruway Bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madzoo

Train Attendant
Does anyone know if the drop off and pick up locations are the same for the thruway buses in the San Francisco Financial District? I found an Amtrak bus stop sign right in front of the Hyatt, but we were dropped off across the way from there. If nothing else, I'll scope out the area the morning before I leave.

I loved my first trip on the Zephyr. I have to confess that I'm more interested in the train ride than I am in San Francisco.

Both were in front of the Hyatt in October, but a driver did drop off passengers just a bit south when there was congestion in front of the Hyatt.

If the driver is picking anyone up, I would expect the bus to be at the marked stop.

I guess it depends on the driver. I haven taken a thruway bus attached to the Zephyr, but I have taken a few buses from SFC to Emeryville. On one occasion the driver drove in front of the Hyatt Regency and yelled out of the window across the street asking if anyone was boarding. It was kind of odd, but he sort of waited there for people to cross the street.

I'd say to just be prepared just in case a driver is winging it for whatever reason.

Thanks to both of you. I guess I'll try by the sign and be prepared to move if he goes elsewhere. I hope there are other people waiting.

Thanks to both of you. I guess I'll try by the sign and be prepared to move if he goes elsewhere. I hope there are other people waiting.
You're free to use your ticket at the Temporary Transbay Terminal as all San Francisco fares are priced the same. The bus always stops right there in one of the Greyhound bus bays.

I decided to take a walk this morning, and I saw that the bus stopped in front of the Hyatt. I think I'll be safe waiting there when I leave.

I don't know what the current situation is, but the buses connecting to long-distance trains aren't always run by the same company doing corridor trains. So, results can very.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back