Sarnia - London via VIA( sorry, couldn't resist)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edding

Service Attendant
Greetings: I buried this question in a reply of mine to the Pictures of Detroit thread, so I decided to give it more exposure. Here goes:

Speaking of MI, I'm going to Port Huron in a couple of weeks and was thinking of a day train trip to London from Sarnia. Worthwhile? It appears the London station is within easy walking distance of downtown. True? Any Ontarioans(?sp) out there on this list?

Ed

Greetings: I buried this question in a reply of mine to the Pictures of Detroit thread, so I decided to give it more exposure. Here goes:
Speaking of MI, I'm going to Port Huron in a couple of weeks and was thinking of a day train trip to London from Sarnia. Worthwhile? It appears the London station is within easy walking distance of downtown. True? Any Ontarioans(?sp) out there on this list?

Ed
You will have to stay all night in Port Huron. Yes, you can walk downtown from the London station. It is almost in the downtown, as I recall.

Ed
You will have to stay all night in Port Huron. Yes, you can walk downtown from the London station. It is almost in the downtown, as I recall.
Thanks! That won't be a problem -- I'm staying in PH with my best friend from High School. I've taken the train from Sarnia several times so I know where the station is et al. Done the Blue Water bridge many times so I'm very aware of the inconsistency of wait times going and/or coming back. What I'd really like to do is go to Toronto but I don't have time on this trip.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back