SAS Layover

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdj

Train Attendant
In a few weeks I will be traveling from LAX to CHI on the Texas Eagle (422) in a roomette. During the layover in San Antonio if I get off the train to walk around, is there a certain time I must get back to the sleeper or is it open for re-boarding at anytime during the night? I would like to be able to go visit several places in town and still be able to come back and finish out the night in my roomette.

Thanks,

Gary

In a few weeks I will be traveling from LAX to CHI on the Texas Eagle (422) in a roomette. During the layover in San Antonio if I get off the train to walk around, is there a certain time I must get back to the sleeper or is it open for re-boarding at anytime during the night? I would like to be able to go visit several places in town and still be able to come back and finish out the night in my roomette.

Thanks,

Gary
Aloha

Going the other way our new SCA announced that she would look the door at 9:00pm so if we were not on board then we would have to wait until the morning boarding period.

Thanks,

Gary
It will depend on the SCA as was stated but remember you will probably be in the Station from like 9:30PM until 7AM the next morning when the Texas Eagle leaves heading North. The Sunset will drop the #422 Sleeper and Coach and go on to New Orleans (if it's running by then? :eek: )about Midnight! Lots of people get off to smoke/walk around etc. or even go to Dennys (up the street towards downtown a coupleof locks) or even to visit the River Walk.

You should be able to board and sleep in your room upon return but sometimes the Switching will take the cars out of the Station so you might have to wait awhile, check with the Agents in the SAS station, they are usually pretty friendly for people that have to work all night! :lol:

Thanks, I'll check with the SCA. There is a possibility that my son can drive to San Antonio and I thought maybe we could get together for a few hours.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back