Saw a superliner and got excited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Gingee

Okay, this may sound silly but we were in Springfield, IL last night (hour from where we live) and we were leaving the downtown area late (cheerleading competition) and got a little lost. We ended up having to wait for a Superliner Amtrak train. It must have been picking people up in Springfield. I know the Cardinal is not a superliner but it got us excited about our upcoming train trip. Are we silly or are we silly?

Aloha

Who in their right Mind wants to be normal. I am proud to be 60 an silly. I have grown old but thankfully I did not grow up. My mother was right, "stay young!" :D :rolleyes:

GG-1 said:
Aloha
Who in their right Mind wants to be normal. I am proud to be 60 an silly. I have grown old but thankfully I did not grow up. My mother was right, "stay young!" :D   :rolleyes:

Wow!!! Can I ever identify with the sentiments expressed above!!

I am 60 also---but my heart is still young, as expressed above, and I hope it always stays that way.

Ginger, you might be amused to know that I grew up being taken to the station just to look at trains, even when we were not going to ride them. It became quite a game between my parents and me, i.e. whether daddy felt like taking me out at 10 p.m to watch one of my favorite trains, etc.

And, yep superliners are a thrill. I was fortunate enough to ride one, (the Sunset Limited), just a few months after it had been equipped with them and they were still shiny and new.

My grandfather (that I never met) was killed switching tracks (not on the train) when my dad was sixteen. We have train tracks in the valley behind our house but they don't carry passengers. We don't see passenger trains where we live.

Oh I forgot to mention that maybe trains are in my blood. Time will tell, huh?

Back