Schedule change - Silver Star 92

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie

Train Attendant
Got notification two days ago that our early-March trip on the Silver Star 92 has been moved up a few hours. We were originally scheduled to leave Kissimmee at 6:40pm heading north, but now the train is scheduled to leave Kissimmee at 1:35pm the same day.

I'm wondering if this is a temporary adjustment of the train's time, or if it's permanent. We've used this train before and it was on the later schedule.

I'm thinking it's temporary in nature, and possibly related to Sun Rail construction.

Ocala Mike

Read on another site that it's track work related. 92 will be running 5 hours earlier than normal. Don't think 91 changed.

If I was feeling really luck I could probably take 92 to Tampa and come back the same day. It's about a 30-45 minute layover so I'm not at all tempted to risk it, unless I wanted a weekend stay in Tampa. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Got notification two days ago that our early-March trip on the Silver Star 92 has been moved up a few hours. We were originally scheduled to leave Kissimmee at 6:40pm heading north, but now the train is scheduled to leave Kissimmee at 1:35pm the same day.
Is the Silver Meteor 98, still leaving Kissimmee at 12:56pm? That is roughly only a half hour sooner.

Just thinking worse case, will the Silver Star 92 then sit somewhere just north of Florida (Savannah ?) for 5 hours to kill time and get back onto its normal schedule?

Actually - the Star takes a longer route via Raleigh, then over to Selma, NC to rejoin the "A Line North to Richmond. The slight detour adds Columbia, SC as well as the Raleigh-Durham metro area, giving Raleigh excellent service to and from Tampa and Orlando.

I saw the Star will hit Richmond at 7:25 AM (departure) which is about 4 hours ahead of the normal schedule and about 3 hours behind the Meteor.

I noticed the change, and I may use it for a day trip that I need to take to Trenton, NJ. With the schedule change I could conceivably book a roomette to Trenton - arrive around 1 PM - meet a client, and depart at 4:18 via Silver Meteor - perhaps with a Roomette? Either way -- I could at least try to work in 3 meals in the diner going up and back. The low bucket going north is rather cheap - to add a Roomette on the Star, for a day trip to Trenton. I see upgrades available for $73 and $100 on different days. Not bad to get a giant picture window - two meals (maybe?) and getting your own space in a Roomette.

Is this an extended re-route (that is, several weeks in length)? I ask because 7:25 AM means I could grab breakfast on my way up to Washington for a day at some point?

If not, what date is the train? I'll try to make a point of grabbing it for the pleasure of that alone.

Service returns to normal on March 29 according to the agent I talk to.

Looks like the change begins on Feb 26.

Thanks, everyone.

It doesn't seem that there are any delays built into the schedule. We are supposed to hit CLB at 11:03 that same evening. The schedule change is killing what would have been an entire day in Animal Kingdom for us, so I'm a little annoyed.

Thanks, everyone.

It doesn't seem that there are any delays built into the schedule. We are supposed to hit CLB at 11:03 that same evening. The schedule change is killing what would have been an entire day in Animal Kingdom for us, so I'm a little annoyed.
I don't know if ths helps, but if you have the have any flexability in your schedule, call an agent and ask about switching to the next day. They will do their best to accommodate you and at the same fare you've already paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back