Schedule Changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Will Amtrak ever change their FL routes( 91,97,92,98) back to the old schedules ?

Now when I go North because I am going to Buffalo, I have to stay over night in NYP or DC( my sis lives there so it is cheaper) , both ways, so a 2 day trip now takes me 4.

Plus I talked to others and the new schedule has the trains also running very very late all the time, especially 91 and 92.

This was a dumb move on their part. <_<

Guest said:
They will never change back to the old schedule. Not ever.
And you know that, how? :unsure:

I had heard that one of the reasons for the changes was to help the Tri-Rail construction schedule. Therefore it might well be possible that the trains could go back to something closer to their old schedules once that double tracking project is completed.

I've heard word on the street that 97 will go back to its regular schedule with the next schedule change. One of the people in my NRHS Chapter who is close with several sources has heard 98 will go back to its old schedule as well. This would work well for OBS Managers as they'd be able to cut off one entire crew since Meteor crews could once again make the same day turnover in New York. The big question in my mind is T&E. With both trains on their old schedule you are looking at a very tight layover for them. Assuming 97 is on time the crew goes off duty at 21:55. For 98 to leave on time they have to sign up at 6:15. So you are look ing at 8:30 of layover time assuming 97 is ON TIME! Anyone with half a brain knows that's a bad call to have that tight of a layover for these crews with the way CSX operates. One possibility is to have the crew get off at West Palm, 19:30 on time, and then take 98 north in the morning, sign up would be 8:00. That allows a little more breathing room for late trains, but creates the need for two crews, one morning, one night, from Miami, a huge expense. So most likely you will see one or the other change schedules in the spring, or both change to modified schedules, maybe an earlier 97 and a later 98, who knows. :unsure:

I don't have the details but I can confirm that the Planning department is looking hard at resetting the schedules to the extent that connections would once again be possible between the Florida Serice and the Capitol Limted as well us to upstate NY.

I heard the exact same news: that connections will be restored with the Capitol Limited and with Empire Service.

Speaking of connections, NARP reports that the Capitol Limited to Silver Star connection has been broken by Amtrak, due to the high number of misconnects.

Tis true, there is still a Florida connection, however the S-Line has lost its connection. It was also mentioned in the report that TPA lost its connection that they have had for all of two months, which isn't true. Passengers are still able to get on the bus in Orlando to make it down to TPA. NARP, pick your battles, this ain't one of em.

Back