Schedule Changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckysBarn

Lead Service Attendant
I've had reservations for a Nov 19th trip on the SWC since mid-July. When I called to change it to the Nov 20, I was notified of an earlier departure. I've known for sometime about the earlier departure, but have never been notified by Amtrak. This is an AGR trip, so they have all my contact info (email, phone, address).

I know enough to check the schedules for changes, but what about a newbie who doesn't? Shouldn't the passenger be told ASAP?

Once they had to move me from the Carolinian to the Crescent as the Carolinian was cancelled (or at least, cancelled from the station where I was boarding). I'd booked online and they sent me an email with the revised departure time (from 9am ish to 4amish) That was a few months in advance of my trip. I didn't get a phone call so I guess they assumed I got the email. I'm not in the US so they might not have wanted to call me overseas.

Most times, the passenger is notified of schedule changes timely. But some "newbies" do not provide a phone contact - or only provide a home # when they are across the country!
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back