SEA train station nearby hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

busboy

Service Attendant
I'm taking the Coast Starlight from Seattle next month. I need to find a hotel near the train station in Seattle to stay the night before. Any suggestions on a good convenient hotel that's either within walking distance to the station, or one that provides a shuttle service.

Thanks

Check out the Silver cloud. I remember it being reasonably close and it was an awesome hotel. Very modern.

Double Tree is nearby....good hotel/price. I'm staying there on my CS trip to SEA in Sept....John

I'm taking the Coast Starlight from Seattle next month. I need to find a hotel near the train station in Seattle to stay the night before. Any suggestions on a good convenient hotel that's either within walking distance to the station, or one that provides a shuttle service.

Thanks

How close is "close"?

When I was there I used the Pioneer Square Best Western due to an ideal balance of vicinity & reward points. I walked it as it is well under a mile away, much to the dismay of all the cabbies at the King Street Station (SEA).

Looking at theGoogle map, it's about 6 blocks, but I enjoy walking so I found it a most agreeable stroll.

I wish I could get back to SEA, I didn't get to really see anything there when I went (via Amtrak) besides that hotel and 12 hours worth of King Street Station. Have they finished the renovations and exposed all the restored & original architecture yet?

Thanks
Theres a Hostel International just up the Street from King St. Station, used to be the Americana Hotel! I havent stayed there but one of our Members (Al from Nebraska) recommends it Highly and I've found his Reccos to be Right on! Google up Seattle, lots of info, you can also use Kayak.com and compare Various Hotels, Seattle can tend to be Pricey especially in the Summer and when Specail Stuff is going on during Weekends!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on 2nd Street. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the station. It's a decent hotel, and not horribly expensive.

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on 2nd Street. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the station. It's a decent hotel, and not horribly expensive.
I can't find the Courtyard Marriott you are referring to. On the Marriott web site, it lists 3 of them. One on Westlake Dr, one on N 8th st, and one on NE 29th place. I can't find one on 2nd Street.

I can't find the Courtyard Marriott you are referring to. On the Marriott web site, it lists 3 of them. One on Westlake Dr, one on N 8th st, and one on NE 29th place. I can't find one on 2nd Street.
Here is the link: Courtyard Pioneer Square

I have stayed at this hotel, and the Best Western Pioneer Square, and was satisfied with both properties.

Mike

if you don't have a lot of stuff, the silver cloud is walkable...maybe 5 or 10 minutes......it's diagonally across (more or less) from the yummiola Pyramid Ale House (all of this is near Safeco and Qwest fields).

If you go to Pyramid, check out the apricot ale...YUMMMMY!
mosking.gif

If you do have stuff, there was no shortage of people offering to carry it for a fee when I was there.

However, they didn't emerge until I was within sight of my destination (the Best Western) & they did not want Canadian cash, which is all I had on me as I had just arrived from VAC.

If you deign to decline one of these many impromptu porters, there was no shortage of cabs at King Street Station. (Though I heard that they also didn't take CAD)

My experiences were all in the dead of night, so I'd wager that your transit prospects at a "civilized" time of the day would be much greater. Though I can also say that I walked those 6 blocks in the dead of night and didn't feel particularly unsafe, and my luggage consisted of over 75 pounds to lug about according to the customs scale.

If you go to Pyramid, check out the apricot ale...YUMMMMY!
My spirit is a most verdant green with envy at you, as when I was in SEA I was deprived the opportunity to both take in the sights & imbibe specialty alcohols.

(*I should note that I posted as a guest before, but then realized that I did indeed have an account on this forum, and it is apparently still active.)

we have stayed at the pioneer square best western twice while laying over from the cs to the eb. about 5 blocks from the station. very nice historic restored property, great staff and super complimentary breakfast. we have gotten a good price. right around $100 though i think it depends on when you book

The Alexis--which I love--is less than half a mile from the station. They can send a car for a fee, or a cab is $5-$8, but after taking a cab I decided it is well within walking distance.

ALEXIS HOTEL

1007 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98104

Reservations: (866) 356-8894

Hotel: (206) 624-4844

A little off subject but... When I was there I went to a place called Jazz Alley to see Chuck Mangione. Really enjoyed the show & dinner!!!

Anyone use Priceline or such in SEA??
I was bidding this weekend on Seattle hotels in June on Priceline for the Pikes Place / Space Needle/ Lake Union area, I got up to $92 bucks(and was still rejected) Before I Found out I was going to have to cut my trip short. Good thing I didn't win as Priceline isn't refundable. All these places appeared very close to King St. station (meaning less than $15 cab ride) I did however just now won a $99 bid in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency which is supposedly across the street from the Ferry Bldng. perfect for my AGR Toledo- San Fran trip in June :D

The Alexis--which I love--is less than half a mile from the station. They can send a car for a fee, or a cab is $5-$8, but after taking a cab I decided it is well within walking distance.

ALEXIS HOTEL

1007 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98104

Reservations: (866) 356-8894

Hotel: (206) 624-4844
I stayed at the Alexis last summer. I took a cab from the King Street station (it was 8pm and I did not want to walk in the dark), but when I checked out of the hotel, I took the free bus for several blocks and then walked a couple of blocks. It was a piece of cake. I thought the hotel was great, however, it was not inexpensive.

I was bidding this weekend on Seattle hotels in June on Priceline for the Pikes Place / Space Needle/ Lake Union area, I got up to $92 bucks(and was still rejected) Before I Found out I was going to have to cut my trip short. Good thing I didn't win as Priceline isn't refundable. All these places appeared very close to King St. station (meaning less than $15 cab ride) I did however just now won a $99 bid in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency which is supposedly across the street from the Ferry Bldng. perfect for my AGR Toledo- San Fran trip in June :D
I have had good luck with Hotwire for Seattle 4-Stars near Pike Place. To date, they have sent me to the Westin, Sheraton, Grand Hyatt, and the Vintage Park. You do give up your reward points, so I tend to use it only on occasion. But the surprise-at-the-end booking process is kind of fun.

When I was there I went to a place called Jazz Alley to see Chuck Mangione.
Hope he played "Feels So Good"!

I'm taking a trip to Portland and Seattle next month, and will be staying in the Hilton in Seattle -- doesn't seem to be that close to King Street Station, but it appears that a little walking and a trip on the light rail will get me there easily, and I'm fine with both those things.

I bid 130 on priceline for my date in august and was rejected. The cheapest hotel I can find in the downtown area for that weekend is over $200 per night. Most good ones are close to $300.

I think I'll stay near the airport and take the light rail in. Hotels in that area are about half as expensive that weekend.

the hyatt is about 1-2 blocks.....kind of blends in with other office buildings. the Amtrak station (the bus station actually where the amtrak buses stop is next to the ferry terminal building. there is a yummy bakery in the ferry terminal...called acme bread!!

i had a hot baguette and got a cup of coffee for breakfast....heaven.

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/acme_bread_company.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back