Seating for 4 on the Empire Corridore

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashland Train Enthusiast

Service Attendant
This coming weekend, I will be taking a trip with my fiancee on the Empire Service from NYP to NFS to get away for a weekend. I've only boarded other NEC trains in NYP, so am a bit unfamiliar with the boarding procedure/consists for the Empire Service trains, and would appreciate any advice. Do certain cars here have groupings of 4 seats facing each other like I have seen else where on the NEC, and on some of the southern mid-distance trains (Carolinian/Palmetto)? If so, are they explicitly reserved by the crew for groups of 4, or is it more first come/first served? If that's the case, would it be worth it to get a Red Cap?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Boarding procedure is the same. Equipment is the same, but the consists are shorter.

Get a redcap. IF there are four seats across, you'll be some of the first PAX on board, and can snag them. While great for short day trips, I tend to enjoy the two seats X the aisle from each other more on loooong day trips, much more leg room, table space, personal space. To Each His Own,..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back