Service disruption notice for 30

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got 24" on the ground and it's still coming, and blowing 20-25 mph.

Here's a time lapse video shot from my front window through 0100 - I need to get to adding the rest of them into the video (just got in from shoveling. Again.).

We've got 24" on the ground and it's still coming, and blowing 20-25 mph.
Here's a time lapse video shot from my front window through 0100 - I need to get to adding the rest of them into the video (just got in from shoveling. Again.).
Time lapse sounds neat - could you repost the link?

Just saw in another post that 29/30 are canceled for today. Hope it's running by Thursday.
I would wager that it will most likely run even tomorrow. Today Maryland and Virginia have received more snow than they were originally expecting. The Governors have declared an emergency, and everyone and everything appears to be hunkered down in that area. Most likely that is what is affecting the Capitol Ltd. Also this morning Amtrak has posted a new notice stating that the Crescent, Silver Meteor and Silver Star are all canceled out of New York/Washington DC today. And today's departures to Washington DC/New York are also canceled for the Crescent and Silver Meteor. Silver Star is only running between Miami and Savannah today.

Thanks for the videos. Are you in Maryland? If so, your Governor was just interviewed on Fox TV saying that travel is very bad in

Maryland and everyone should stay home!! Good suggestion. I still see that the Cardinal from Chicago to New York is scheduled to go

today.

Very cool Ryan, thanks for sharing. Wonder if the tv shows wouldn't want something like that? Shows how serious it is.
This

shows how serious it is, but isn't very serious itself :)
Ryan, thanks for your time-lapses! Though my computer had more success playing the one on Youtube than the one on Flickr for some reason.

Ryan, thanks for your time-lapses! Though my computer had more success playing the one on Youtube than the one on Flickr for some reason.
No problem! I figure that this is probably a once in a lifetime storm for me, so I wanted to make sure that it was adequately documented. Not to mention that I get to play with my camera! :D
Shanghai, I'm located in Odenton, MD - about halfway between NCR and BWI.

Great video. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, I viewed the other video you posted on You Tube. What is your interest in Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure?

Stay warm. Be careful shoveling.

it definetly wont be running sunday i was booked on that train from WTI - CHI and had to rebook both directions returning on monday not too convienent as its a tight timed business trip

Great video. Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, I viewed the other video you posted on You Tube. What is your interest in Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure?

Stay warm. Be careful shoveling.
That was for a friend of mine - a friend of hers was interviewed during the news clip, so she asked me to record it and send it to her since I'm handy with that sort of thing. :)

Cool videos Ryan ! I live in Hanover area - measured about 27 inches when I started clearing snow around 1:00 this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back