Silver Meteor Consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThayerATM

OBS Chief
The last time I checked, the Silver Meteor was running with:

one baggage, two sleepers, one diner, one lounge, and four coaches, but the car numbers were way off :wacko: for what my reservations say today.

Are trains 97 and 98 still running with that same number of cars, or has something changed? We'll be on that train in May. :cool:

one baggage, two sleepers, one diner, one lounge, and four coaches, but the car numbers were way off :wacko: for what my reservations say today.

Are trains 97 and 98 still running with that same number of cars, or has something changed? We'll be on that train in May. :cool:
I wonder if you are confusing the physical car numbers placed on the car itself with the reservation car number which just goes on whatever sleepers are running that day?

I think the Meteor usually runs with 3 sleepers (or at least it has when I have traveled on it). However, the other day, I saw it go through Orlando and it looked like it had an extra sleeper and coach at the rear. If I saw it correctly, my guess is that it is probable that the extra coach was deadheaded and it is possible that the extra sleeper was also. But I am just guessing. I traveled in coach on the Meteor a couple of weeks ago and the sleepers were at the rear of the train. Based on what I have read on this forum, the sleepers are at the rear of the train during the winter.

I am not sure of the number of coaches - it is usually either 4 or 5.

I wonder if you are confusing the physical car numbers placed on the car itself with the reservation car number which just goes on whatever sleepers are running that day?
Our reservations have us in Bedroom A in car 9711 leaving NYP. Coming back to NYP, our reservations have us in Bedroom A in car 9812. :cool:

The old consist I looked at numbered the only two sleeper cars as "9710," and "9811." Keeping in mind that the lowest number (9810) is generally closest to the diner, and we were booked on car 9812 on the way back --- maybe you can see why I asked the question. :D

Are there two sleepers on that train, or three? <_< OR, has Amtrak changed the reservation numbering system. :eek:hboy:

I think the Meteor usually runs with 3 sleepers (or at least it has when I have traveled on it). However, the other day, I saw it go through Orlando and it looked like it had an extra sleeper and coach at the rear. If I saw it correctly, my guess is that it is probable that the extra coach was deadheaded and it is possible that the extra sleeper was also. But I am just guessing. I traveled in coach on the Meteor a couple of weeks ago and the sleepers were at the rear of the train. Based on what I have read on this forum, the sleepers are at the rear of the train during the winter.

I am not sure of the number of coaches - it is usually either 4 or 5.
Now a couple of new variables enter the equation. :lol: The old consist I looked at had the two sleepers in the front, followed by the diner, followed by the lounge, followed by the four coaches. :D I suppose it doesn't make a lot of difference, as long as we're on the train, but I'd just like to know. :cool:

Our reservations have us in Bedroom A in car 9711 leaving NYP. Coming back to NYP, our reservations have us in Bedroom A in car 9812. :cool:

The old consist I looked at numbered the only two sleeper cars as "9710," and "9811." Keeping in mind that the lowest number (9810) is generally closest to the diner, and we were booked on car 9812 on the way back --- maybe you can see why I asked the question. :D

Are there two sleepers on that train, or three? <_< OR, has Amtrak changed the reservation numbering system. :eek:hboy:
9812 is the third sleeper - the one furthest from the dining car. If the sleepers are in front, you will be closest to the baggage car (if it is in front). If the sleepers are in the rear, you will be the last car on the train (unless the baggage car is in the rear, which I read it is now).

The Silver Star generally has 2 sleepers and the Meteor generally has 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back