Sitting outside of ALB, waiting for the LSL to be split....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S.

Service Attendant
What a joke. I'm on a 6 hour late train! i know i know...bad weather. But..were late into Albany here by almost 6 hours. I would think the staff would be waiting by the tracks to split the train. But no, after about 30 mins of sitting here the conductor gets on says "you know...its cold, so the guys should be here any minute to get the train split.

What BS. This sucks. Sorry for being frustrated. I love Amtrak and taking the train, but boy, nobody knows how to speed up a late train.

Mike S.

PS Flame away!

What a joke. I'm on a 6 hour late train! i know i know...bad weather. But..were late into Albany here by almost 6 hours. I would think the staff would be waiting by the tracks to split the train. But no, after about 30 mins of sitting here the conductor gets on says "you know...its cold, so the guys should be here any minute to get the train split.
Eastbound or westbound?

Well you can go into the station and use their wifi - or does it extend to the train?

Well you can go into the station and use their wifi - or does it extend to the train?
By a previous posting by the OP on another topic questioning snowboards on the train, I'd say that it was the eastbound train. In reality the NYP bound LSL actually changes direction once it crossed the Hudson into Rensselaer and starts heading south for the rest of the journey to New York City. But that's just a point of trivia!

As for the wifi in the train, IIRC another poster previously mentioned that he could not get the Road Runner connection from the train. When I was waiting inside for the train in late June, it worked just fine with no problem in making the connection... and it's free! :)

As an after thought I'm surprised they didn't setup another wireless router somewhere between the platforms for those who don't have time or not allowed to go into the station. It might even afford a passenger on a train that only stops for a few minutes to be able to logon, download or send emails before the train departs the station!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with all the comments about eastbound/westbound, Didn't anyone else see the humor? A itting train has no direction. :p :rolleyes: :lol:

Aloha

Well with all the comments about eastbound/westbound, Didn't anyone else see the humor? A itting train has no direction. :p :rolleyes: :lol:
Aloha
Perhaps but it does have plenty of otential for reaching it's destination in dispite of it! :p :rolleyes: :lol:

Also, if you look at it from a different perspective - that being a map, this particular LSL train went both down and over simultaneously. But worry little, fret not! This daily separation does ultimately result in two astranged segments being happily reunitied once again. :huh: :unsure: ;)

Aloha
And the "eastbound" LSL can't make up it's mind as to which direction to go. :lol:

Out of CUS, it goes southbound before turning eastbound to CLE

From CLE to BUF, it goes northeast

From BUF to ALB, it goes east

From ALB to NYP, it goes south

If it is sitting, it has no MOTION but does it have an orientation? Does it have a front and a back? You can still define eastbound and westbound :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eastbound or westbound?
If the train is waiting to be split, it should give you the answer ;-)

Eastbound or westbound?
There must be an echo in here.

Eastbound or westbound?

I think you're right

I think you're right!

I think you're right!

About the echo!

:blink:

Eastbound or westbound?

I think you're right

I think you're right!

I think you're right!

About the echo!

So Do I

So Do I!

So Do I!

About the echo!

Oh, but it does. ~1000mph east, like everything else. :p Though between CHI and ALB, it can go as little as 920 and as much as 1080mph east. :p

yet deeper humor.
Wow...just wow...

:rolleyes:
No Jackal, it's not just wow! It's double wow! It's faster than the speed of sound (767.58 mph) and that's faster than the speed of thought for some of us - me included! :lol:

WARNING... it's not faster than a speeding bullet though. :eek: See: Bullet on a moving train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back