Sleeper and Coach on one trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I rode CZ in April, the sleeping car attendant had heard that the sleepers probably would NOT move the rear for Summer 2017. Of course, I'll be watching Railstream's cams to see if the CZ departs Chicago with sleepers in front or rear. Just 15 days until June 1 and less to Memorial Day when the move should have happen by if they will return to the rear.
In the past the consist change happened mid April.

Now that it's mid May it's seeming more likely the sleepers will stay up front year round now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode the Crescent in April too and the business class car was at the end of the train just before the baggage car which brought up the rear. The sleeping car(s) were between the business class card and the dining car. In my case, they had a problem with second sleeper so that moved several passengers with sleeping car reservations to the business class car and it still did not look very crowded when I walked through.
How long has the Crescent had BC Cars?

the Traveler answered the question how long. The Cardinal also has BC. It should be noted these are full length coaches with 2 x 2 seating and not the mixed cafe/business class coaches used on many short distance regional trains that do not travel overnight such as the Illinois trains, the Missouri River Runner, and Maple Leaf Toronto to NYC.

Okay y'all,I have never heard this going on,but a customer service ticket agent told me last night that coming back from Newark I could do the sleeper overnight then coach the rest of my trip. I had told her I enjoy the sleeper at night and the meals but also enjoy talking to the people in Coach, Her suggestion was from Newark to either Atlanta or Anniston(so that breakfast would be included) to do the sleeper then request coach on in to either Slidell or NO. Has anyone ever done this and is this possible, She says she has worked at Amtrak for over 20 years. Very nice person. Can this be done? And will it cause confusion. Thanks
Done it several times. Often when sleepers were sold out on a daytime part of the trip. Attendants were super helpful.

Back