Sleeper Lounge in Orlando?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The station itself has a waiting area, resetrooms, no wi-fi, short term parking...nothing special for sleeprs.

Sure it does. Penny's condo!
My condo is not "at" the station - it is about 2.5 miles from the station and you can see it from the right side of train going northbound.

The station is air conditioned and there are usually enough seats for all the the passengers on fairly hard benches. If you are taking 98 northbound, expect many children with mickey mouse hats running around the station. If you are taking 92 northbound, there will not be as many passengers.

There are vending machines in the station and around the noon hour there is a hot dog vendor right outside the station.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Orlando.

What is the AU Friends Price to stay in your Condo while Visiting Orlando and does it include Imported Beer, Breakfast and a Ride to/from the Station?? :giggle:

**Edited thanks to Dave's reminder!

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't forget that the price of staying at Penny's condo includes joining her in YOGA! :blink: :wacko: :huh: :lol: :rolleyes: :eek:hboy: :eek:hboy: :wub: :help:

Aloha

Unfortunately, there are no power outlets inside to support electronic habits. There are a couple outside. Take note of the two small wooden rooms near the ticket window. Though often mistaken for a first class lounge, these are what are called "phone booths". In the last century, people would step into these rooms and deposit a quarter in a very large device, press numbers on a keypad and hope the recipient had a compatible device. Couldn't even text on those things.

Unfortunately, there are no power outlets inside to support electronic habits. There are a couple outside. Take note of the two small wooden rooms near the ticket window. Though often mistaken for a first class lounge, these are what are called "phone booths". In the last century, people would step into these rooms and deposit a quarter in a very large device, press numbers on a keypad and hope the recipient had a compatible device. Couldn't even text on those things.
The actual phones were removed from the phone booths not that long ago.

You are a youngster. I remember when a call cost a dime, and you didn't push buttons: you dialed.

You are a youngster. I remember when a call cost a dime, and you didn't push buttons: you dialed.
And you put in a Nickel after you gave the Operator the Number you wantd to Reach and She Dialed it for you!! (Older than Dirt! :giggle: )

And Jim Croce had a song about one of those old fangled machines called "Operator" which had a line that said "... you can keep the dime!"
I remember those contraptions. Every time I passed one I checked a little thing it had on it called a "coin return" hoping to find something in it!

(Knocks on door like on "Big Bang Thery,". Penny. Penny. Thanks,for the info!

Sure it does. Penny's condo!
My condo is not "at" the station - it is about 2.5 miles from the station and you can see it from the right side of train going northbound.

The station is air conditioned and there are usually enough seats for all the the passengers on fairly hard benches. If you are taking 98 northbound, expect many children with mickey mouse hats running around the station. If you are taking 92 northbound, there will not be as many passengers.

There are vending machines in the station and around the noon hour there is a hot dog vendor right outside the station.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Orlando.

Back