sleeper pax in coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eliyahu

Train Attendant
folks,

many thanks for your earlier replies re: our upcoming trip to ALB (link). i do have one last question, though. i understand that on the amfleet II coaches the seating can be rather comfortable, even with footrests. since the LSL is sold out of bedrooms on our travel date, and we'll be travelling in a roomette, would it be possible for me to use an empty coach seat for a few hours in the morning just to stretch out and read if the lounge is full? the roomette is going to be a little full, and that might give everyone more space. plus, i'm going to miss my recliner. ;-)

i assume i would have to clear it first with the car attendant. has anyone done this in the past?

-- eliyahu

austin, tx

Honestly, you won't want to leave that Roomette. :lol: I'm 6'3" and my friend I usually travel with is 5'11" or so and we both manage to be able to stretch out very comfortably in that Roomette. Every time I'm in a sleeper and I walk through the coaches I'm always headed straight back to that sleeper, just because the sleepers are so much nicer.

6'3" and 5'11" stretched out in a roomette? jeez, were you resting your legs on each other's laps? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back