Sleeper redemption on trip that includes Michigan Wolverine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJL

Service Attendant
Hi, I am considering redeeming 15K points from Kansas City through Chicago to Detroit, with a roomette on the SW Chief, for myself and a companion. I understand the Wolverine has no sleeper cars, but we would be put into business class on the Wolverine? Since it has no dining car, is there a voucher system for the evening meal, or are we on our own there?

Durn, I guess we'll have to get out and shop for some carryout during the layover in CHI :giggle:

Even though using points, you would not get much use out of the roomette, w/the train travelling between KC and CHicago during the day. Just seems a bit wasteful. Most of the time will be spent in the Sightseer Lounge anyway.

Even though using points, you would not get much use out of the roomette, w/the train travelling between KC and CHicago during the day. Just seems a bit wasteful.
It's not really wasteful. Two one-zone coach tickets are 13k, and the roomette is 15k. Count the breakfast and lunch on the Southwest Chief, and you're probably ahead, not even counting the peace and privacy of a private compartment.

Back