Sleepers Added for the Summer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakFan

Conductor
Folks,

Sleepers are being added on these Trains and hopefully many more. Maybe Marionettea and the Amtrak Reform Board needs to ride these trains and see that people do use Trains.

- Sunset Limited gets a full sleeper Los Angeles-New Orleans

effective train 2(8Mar) and 1(13Mar).

- Empire Builder gets a second sleeper in the Seattle section,

effective train 7(31Mar) and 8(2Apr).

- Crescent got a second sleeper in both directions, effective

train 19(1Mar) and 20(1Mar).

- Due to heavy demand, Auto Train will retain the winter consist

of six sleepers through at least the middle of May.

the bids just went up for the full sleeper on train 2 . Also they are bring back the Houston turn sa.

AmtrakFan said:
- Crescent got a second sleeper in both directions, effectivetrain 19(1Mar) and 20(1Mar).
The Crescent hasnt run with only 1 sleeper for about 10 years. A few months ago when they started running with only 1, that was the first time in a LONG time. Kinda sad, however I am glad to see that 2 is returning for the summer.

How many sleepers does the Empire Builder have now?

It would appear that before the addition there's one on the Seattle side, one on the Portland side. The Portland side rarely gets another sleeper.

You lost me. Okay, I am in a sleeper from Chicago to Seattle. We don't loose any sleepers do we?

They're currently adding sleepers Gingee. They won't make the sleeper available for purchase if they don't plan on having it there.

So I am still confused. How many sleeping cars are there along with coach cars and dining cars etc.?

Saw the crescent (under daily storage) at the station today, had the 2 sleepers! The full consist was the normal one:

AMTK #204

AMTK #24

Baggage

Dorm

2 Viewliners

Diner

Lounge

4 Coaches

So I am still confused. How many sleeping cars are there along with coach cars and dining cars etc.?
The EB normally has 2 Seattle sleepers, 2 Seattle coaches, a diner, sightseer lounge, then one or two Portland coaches and one Portland sleeper as the last car. Sometimes there is an extra coach on the end that only goes to/from St Paul. In peak times they can add more of the sleepers and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back