Smoking on the Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MEDICAL MARIJUANA ON AMTRAK: Here is some free legal advice for all you Amtrak passengers: don't bring your marijuana (even if you have a prescription). Amtrak is involved in interstate commerce so the feds have jurisdiction, and believe me, there are federal drug laws. Also if you travel into a state that doesn't allow medical mary jane, they can prosecute you too!
Interstate movement can increase the fines and penalties associated with drug use, but is by no means a prerequisite for prosecution at the federal level. Just because a given state allows or tolerates medicinal use doesn't change anything in that regard. I'm not a proponent of illicit drug use by any means, but it's hard to watch countries like Mexico suffer routine massacres as drug lords fight over billions of American dollars while our failed drug policies remain as lethargic as ever. I think it's pretty clear that the "War on Drugs" has gone about as well as the Eighteenth Amendment went. The sooner we legalize illicit drug use the sooner we can put an end to all this completely unnecessary drug violence that has already claimed the lives of so many innocent bystanders.

Link To News On Mexico's Growing Drug Violence...

MEDICAL MARIJUANA ON AMTRAK: Here is some free legal advice for all you Amtrak passengers: don't bring your marijuana (even if you have a prescription). Amtrak is involved in interstate commerce so the feds have jurisdiction, and believe me, there are federal drug laws. Also if you travel into a state that doesn't allow medical mary jane, they can prosecute you too!
Interstate movement can increase the fines and penalties associated with drug use, but is by no means a prerequisite for prosecution at the federal level. Just because a given state allows or tolerates medicinal use doesn't change anything in that regard. I'm not a proponent of illicit drug use by any means, but it's hard to watch countries like Mexico suffer routine massacres as drug lords fight over billions of American dollars while our failed drug policies remain as lethargic as ever. I think it's pretty clear that the "War on Drugs" has gone about as well as the Eighteenth Amendment went. The sooner we legalize illicit drug use the sooner we can put an end to all this completely unnecessary drug violence that has already claimed the lives of so many innocent bystanders.

Link To News On Mexico's Growing Drug Violence...

Not to mention the Billions and Billions of dollars spent for the war on drugs. A fraction of that spending would be more effectively used for treatment and education programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back