Smoking Stops Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To veer even more off topic :lol: Charlie Ryan, who wrote "Hot Rod Lincoln" was from Spokane, my neck of the woods (relatively speaking, anyway) and based his song on a road race that took place up the old Spiral Highway at Lewiston, Idaho. One of our area's claims to fame!!!

There have been many clinical studies on the effects of smoking, as we all know. Here's a not-so-clinical blind study (the guy who designed it is vision-impaired) of a song about smoking that has appeared in many versions by many people. Inhale deeply, choose your favorite, and pick your poison:

Most,cough,cough, enjoyable! As a Texan I did notice most of the music was done by Texans, either we have a thing for cigs or music, or both, probably both! As an ex-smoker of 30+ years I still find myself getting off the train @ "smoke stops" but now to enjoy the fresh air :lol: ! Since I no longer fly dont have to take a cab @ airports to get to the "Designated Smoking Area" nor join the huddled masses out on the sidewalks away from the building entrances to get my fix during breaks! BTW, even though hes not a Texan Commander Cody and the LPA were almost the "Houseband" @ the long gone,

famous Armadillo World Headquarters! Good job as always Patrick! Back in the day when my grandfather was a SP hand most of the railroad hands smoked Bull Durham or Prince Albert, Bugler was for city folks! :lol: Ill close with Yul Brenners famous commercial from the grave: "If I could tell you one thing it's: if you don't smoke dont start, if you do smoke quit!" Also as we all said :" it's easy to quit, I've done it thousands of times!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back