Snow

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

September 15 I am going to New Orleans via the California Zepher to Chicago and the City of New Orleans. Will I get to see any snow on the route. I wouldn't expect any snow delays that early in the season but some"cool" pictures would be fun to bring home.

That would be a very freak one if it does happen! Try Canada.

Chances would be very slim in Sierra Nevada (CA) and Rockies Mountain (CO) ranges. Usually the snow fall in mid-October in higher elevation.

Well . . . on a trip in November, I left Denver in 70 degree weather, and an hour later we were going through a winter storm. At Winter Park, passengers engaged in a snowball fight. So . . . expect anything.

Steve4031 said:
Well . . . on a trip in November, I left Denver in 70 degree weather, and an hour later we were going through a winter storm. At Winter Park, passengers engaged in a snowball fight. So . . . expect anything.
Aloha

Maybe I'l get lucky, haven't seen any snow for over 10 years and the last time I had to shovel it I was under 20. :D

If I rember how to make a snowball :lol: I will join in the mele. The last snow I was in was in 1976 during the Ice Capades tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back