So...it has been beaten to death, but I think the online mall is a par

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

Service Attendant
Really. Making sure points post is almost a part-job. I have a list on my computer of transactions that I have done with the online mall just to make sure they post. Chase card is no prob and amtrak travel goes though moslty without a hitch, but damn...the mall just makes you work.

Hertz rental in Mid April.....still no points. H&R Block in the begining of April, nope..no points.

It should be easier.

I've had trouble with Hertz in the past posting partner points/miles in general, so I don't think that's AGR specific. I just file a request on the website for credit, and it gets fixed.

Gosh, Hertz is one of the fastest to post points. For my trips, they always beet both Amtrak itself, and my hotel.

As I mentioned in another thread, my problem are the points from on-line shopping. While the points get posted to my AGR account rather quickly, many months later, they get subtracted right back out for reasons I have no idea.

I've never had much of a problem before (although the only partner I've used is iTunes). However, it's a little disconcerting to see two transactions for iTunes post in my AGR history: for 0 points each.

Why would that appear? If I successfully logged into the AGR Mall before making the iTunes purchase, then it should post with the appropriate number of points. Conversely, if I didn't successfully log in, then it shouldn't post anything at all, much less a transaction for 0 points!

I made two or three purchases on iTunes of over $25 that should qualify for the Buy, Sleep, Drive promo (or whatever it's called). If they don't post, then I'm gonna be a bit miffed!

Not AGR specific, but I made a purchase from Smart Bargains that give MyPoints for the purchase amount, The amount was $149.99, but I thought they would round it up to $150. They didn't! :angry: I earned 2,999 points!

Maybe AGR and iTunes are the same. (Isn't each iTunes purchase $0.99? :huh: ) Thus 1 would earn -0- points. (If it was 1¢ more, it would earn IIRC 3 points!)

Maybe AGR and iTunes are the same. (Isn't each iTunes purchase $0.99? :huh: ) Thus 1 would earn -0- points. (If it was 1¢ more, it would earn IIRC 3 points!)
Nope - each iTunes song purchase gets me 3 points. They must either round up or use the billed amount - which shows 99 cents per song, plus 1 cent tax per song, equaling a $1.00 purchase per song.

I've never had much of a problem before (although the only partner I've used is iTunes). However, it's a little disconcerting to see two transactions for iTunes post in my AGR history: for 0 points each.
Why would that appear? If I successfully logged into the AGR Mall before making the iTunes purchase, then it should post with the appropriate number of points. Conversely, if I didn't successfully log in, then it shouldn't post anything at all, much less a transaction for 0 points!

I made two or three purchases on iTunes of over $25 that should qualify for the Buy, Sleep, Drive promo (or whatever it's called). If they don't post, then I'm gonna be a bit miffed!
If you log into iTunes from AGR but end up not buying anything, you will sometimes see an iTunes post with 0 points on it.

When I looked at my account online, I noticed that I had 3 credits from Doctors Foster & Smith. I purchased 3 items from them. The only problem is that the 3 credits add up to 114 points! I should have received 392 points!

I called AGR and told them what happened. I gave them the exact amount of the 3 purchases. The CSR stated that he put in a request for the missing points, and to look for the adjustment on my account within 2 weeks! :) He did not ask me to FAX the receipt - or anything else! B)

Back