Southern 1 zone loophole from the Loophole Guru

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBlueBuddha

Service Attendant
This one works round trip and with any station between Schriever, LA and El Paso, TX on the Sunset's route.

1 Sunset Limited: Schriever, LA (SCH) --> Los Angeles, CA (LAX) (46h 15m)

--9h 5m layover--

4 Southwest Chief: Los Angeles, CA (LAX) --> Dodge City, KS (DDG) (27h 34m)

73h 49m total train time. :D

Would the moderators consider either pinning the loophole trips to the top of the AGR section or else consider creating a separate loophole section where one could rapidly look at various loophole routings? Just a thought. . .

This one works round trip and with any station between Schriever, LA and El Paso, TX on the Sunset's route.

--9h 5m layover--

Would the moderators consider either pinning the loophole trips to the top of the AGR section or else consider creating a separate loophole section where one could rapidly look at various loophole routings? Just a thought. . .
A first rate idea, this way all loophole fans (isnt that all of us? :lol: )can have one source to look up helpful and useful info on "deals"!Good trip also for tjhose of us in the southwest, keep em coming! Thanks! :cool:

--9h 5m layover--

That would be a great trip - but I am a little confused about the loopholes. Since I live in Miami, can I fly to New Orleans and board the train there with a paid ticket to Schriever? Then move from coach to the sleeper on the AGR for the rest of the trip to Dodge City? Does the onboard staff let you do that or does it raise eyebrows? It would just be an expensive taxi ride from New Orleans to Schriever!

--9h 5m layover--

That would be a great trip - but I am a little confused about the loopholes. Since I live in Miami, can I fly to New Orleans and board the train there with a paid ticket to Schriever? Then move from coach to the sleeper on the AGR for the rest of the trip to Dodge City? Does the onboard staff let you do that or does it raise eyebrows? It would just be an expensive taxi ride from New Orleans to Schriever!
You're not confused, you got it! Then do it in reverse to get back home. I don't think it would necessarily raise eyebrows. It is a "legal" itinerary. And who's to say that you need to stay in a city a minimum amount of time before beginning the next leg of a trip?

Not much to do in Dodge City. And you are there in the middle of the night.
Is Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday still around? :lol: Just buy a coach ticket to KCY or another major hub and youve had lots of training riding for a 1 zone award, isnt that what loopholes are all about?

Yeah. That's true. Oh well.

Could get a room I suppose for 1 night, soak up the local color. According to Google, there are plenty near by. Or go on to Topeka or Kansas City.
Thanks for the clarification, sounds great! I'd probably just go onto KC or Chicago to catch a flight back home, but I know that wouldn't be ideal for other travelers. Dodge is a little boring, unless you go in the spring during severe weather season!

Yeah. That's true. Oh well.

Could get a room I suppose for 1 night, soak up the local color. According to Google, there are plenty near by. Or go on to Topeka or Kansas City.
Thanks for the clarification, sounds great! I'd probably just go onto KC or Chicago to catch a flight back home, but I know that wouldn't be ideal for other travelers. Dodge is a little boring, unless you go in the spring during severe weather season!
You mean you're run out of Dodge? :huh: :lol:

Back